Technical Support Manager
A credible Software Company is looking for a Technical Support Team Leader based in the Cambridgeshire area.
You'll play a vital role in the team; every day you and your team will help customers to solve their technical problems by performing remote screen share sessions or working with them via phone and email to gather important details about their issue.
You'll also champion our products, provide our product development teams with customer feedback and help your colleagues to understand the technical concepts behind the tools.
Skills and experience required:
- You have solid management experience and have managed a team before
- You have a successful track record working in a technical environment and a knack for understanding tricky technical concepts
- You're a self-motivated team player who relishes every opportunity to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- You have a good understanding of Windows permissions and concepts
You have a basic understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting practices
- You have a solid understanding of how to troubleshoot issues in a Windows environment
You have past experience working on a help desk or service desk environment
- You have a passion for technology
- A degree in a technical or science discipline
- Fluent in German (speaking and writing) would be beneficial
- You have experience working with SQL or other relational databases
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Server and/or clusters
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining web servers (IIS, Apache)
- SQL Server administration experience (backing up or restoring databases)
- Scripting or basic programming knowledge
- An understanding of installing and maintaining SQL Source Control systems (Subversion, TFS, Git), and setting up and maintaining Virtual Machines (VMWare, Microsoft HyperV)
Please send an up to date CV for immediate attention!