Linux System Administrator, Payments, Global Service Provider, Middlesbrough area
My client, an international payments processor based in the Middlesbrough area are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to be responsible for maintaining and supporting the client's test and production systems on the Linux platform.
- Systems Administration of Linux systems, implementation, maintenance, documentation and troubleshooting. Preferably Centos / RedHat
- Maintain an estate of Linux servers running mission critical server roles and customer applications
- Perform day-to-day application administration
- Provide 2nd line support to critical incidents
- Participate in on-call support rota
- Support project deployments and critical incidents with out of hours working as required
- Experience as Linux systems administrator
- In depth understanding of System Administration and principles.
- ITIL experience
- Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- A university degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, Natural Science) or relevant work experience
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send an up to date CV