DBA, Database Administrator, Teradata, Financial Services, London
Role and responsibilities:
- Performs database troubleshooting and performance monitoring and ensures that incident issues are resolved effectively and quickly using the toolsets.
- Performs cross team service troubleshooting, highlighting issues and effectively in resolution of problems.
- Delivers, to demanding timescales, project work including the build or enhancement of Teradata systems.
- Implements Teradata Software installs and upgrades by liaising with Teradata, other third party suppliers and internal teams.
This role will be within the DBA Team responsible for the support of Project and Production Teradata systems. The team deliver an outstanding level of support, ensuring the systems meet or exceed defined SLAs. This role will include liaison with other technical areas such as Unix System Administration, Middleware Support, Application Support, Capacity Management, Architecture designers, Development Teams, Acceptance Testing and Service and Operations Management.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a demanding, high availability environment demonstrating production level support
- Teradata experience:
- TD 16.20 DBA
- 16.20 TTU (Teradata Utilities)
- BAR (Backup and Recovery)