BMC ProactiveNet & Patrol Administrator
Contract BMC ProactiveNet Administrator / BMC Monitoring / Patrol / Patrol Agents / Event Manager
My client who is one of the world's leading Payments organisations is currently in need of a Contract BMC Administrator for an initial 3-6 month contract based in Surrey.
To support, maintain and develop my clients monitoring systems, both internally and on behalf of customers.
- Support the existing monitoring systems (based on BMC ProactiveNet, SolarWinds and Microsoft products)
- Maintain and upgrade existing monitoring systems
- Support and develop BMC custom knowledge modules to enable effective monitors of systems and processes. This will involve programming in PSL, Baroc as well as more general scripting languages such as VBS and Perl and PowerShell
- Use of network monitoring and capacity tools such as Netflow
- Understand of network management using SNMP
- Maintaining register of monitors and system design documentation
- Maintaining IT documentation and following IT procedures
- Receive and delivering IT training
- Assist and provide information for periodic reports on performance and availability
- Capacity, Configuration and Service management
- Recommendation of new monitoring methods to meet business requirements
- Extensive experience of managing a large and mission critical environment using tools such as BMC Monitoring and Proactivenet environment
- Implementation, configuration of monitoring solutions based on BMC/Truesight including ProactiveNet, Event Manger, Patrol, Patrol Agents
- Implementation and configuration of various Knowledge Modules including Custom Modules in PSL
- Troubleshooting and administration of all above products on UNIX and Windows based hosts
- Automation and Orchestration
- Change control and release management
- Strong scripting (programming) skills
- CI management
Please apply today for consideration.