Web Development Manager
Do you want to work for a leading and exciting governing body which will make you the envy of your friends and family? If so this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
To lead and manage a team of Web Developers who are responsible for interpreting the technical specifications from the original business requirements delivering high quality code from written user stories.
This role will be required to do some hands-on Web Development alongside the team.
- Demonstrable history of successfully leading development teams, managing people, and aiding the successful delivery of IT projects
- Support the Head of Application Development by playing a key role in the development and delivery of the Application Development strategy and business plan, working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Organise and hold regular team meetings to share technical information, updates and to maintain a high level of communication.
- Take ownership for the Web Development strategy and standards.
- Design and develop software solutions in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all code meets standards and that proper process is followed, including use of source control systems.
- Where necessary aid Project Manager / Web Developers in breaking down functional requirements.
- Guide the overall design within a project and holds responsibility for the delivery of the non-functional requirements within a project.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant experience and proven ability in developing web applications within enterprise architectures including implementing Content Management Systems.
- C# (.NET 4.5 & Core), ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with MVC 5 / Web API / REST.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum/TDD and experience.