2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
My client - a highly successful name in Managed Services - are recruiting for a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer to join the Service Desk team. Dealing with remote management of customers' network security, servers and cloud, the client now requires a 2nd Line Engineer on a permanent basis due to an exciting period of expansion.
Reporting directly to the Managed Service Desk Manager, the 2nd Line Desktop Engineer will be responsible for front line customer contact, acting as the point of contact via telephone and email. You will provide technical assistance to customers, escalating incidents when necessary in line with SLAs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Logging, escalating, and taking complete ownership of customers' technical issues
- Managing all Mailboxes as required and necessary
- Monitoring the Service Desk Tool as required
- Providing training and mentoring for colleagues and new starters
Skills and experience required:
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server
- IP/Routing/VPN connectivity
- Basic Citrix/XenApp
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written English
- Clean driving license preferable (occasional customer site visits may be necessary)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation who can offer superb career progression and development, and invest the utmost in their people's training and development.