Java Developer - Cambridge - 6 Month Contract - £350 - £400 per day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Java Developer to join an award winning software solutions company based in Cambridge.
The company develop a market-leading web application for the smart metering industry. The software is used for workforce management, scheduling of projects and data capture through a web portal and portable handheld devices.
It is an exciting time to be working for a company who has wired 3 other companies and are now going through their next phase group, with the imminent smart meter roll-out due to happen next year.
Due to industry growth and increasing workload the company are looking to expand their Development team.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining internal software applications and will be required to design, code, test and document complex programs and scripts based on agreed requirements.
The software produced should be engineered to a high standard of quality and maintainability using best practices and tools. As a member of the team you will be expected to provide support, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Java programming language
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID principles
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to write clean, readable and easily maintainable code
- Unit testing methodologies and automated testing platforms
- Proficient understanding of version control using Git
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Working with complex database schemes using SQL
- Mentoring junior level developers
- Experience of AWS cloud computing services
- Good communications skills
Please forward me your most updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration