Java Application Developer
Java Application Developer / 6 month contract / Hounslow / Cyber Security / Defence
My client are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. There vibrant governmental software engineering team are looking to recruit an experienced Java application developer to maintain and enhance a range of in-house software applications being utilised by a large stakeholder and analytical community.
All candidates MUST already be Security Cleared to SC or DV level.
- Act as a Java OO developer within the team to help tackle both minor and major projects
- Work with the project managers to ensure the delivery of accurate project documentation and designs
- Follow a fats, iterative agile development approach
- Produce detailed technical design specifications and documentation
- Contribute to the agile sprints planning sessions to rapidly delivery capability
- Work closely with the test team to automate test scripts to code releases to incorporate continuous integration and automated deployment procedures
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience of developing scalable, high volume, high availability, enterprise- wide business systems
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite, Crucible, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of using and managing Java EE application servers, ideally JBoss or Websphere.
- Strong understanding of the Enterprise Java Stack with a proven expertise in using JEE technologies such as EJB, JMS, Web Services, JSF
- Experience with Windows operating system
- Knowledge of messaging queues notably JMS
- Experience of configuration management tools and techniques- use of code repositories, code branching, build/ patching procedures, issue tracking/ defect management
If you feel like this is the role for you then please forward me you CV to email@example.com for consideration.