DevOps Engineer Contract
Develop and maintain all aspects of the Devices department software build, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems. Mentor and monitor DevOps staff and advise Devices department developers and managers on all aspects of DevOps domain.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (May be required to perform additional duties):
- Support all aspects of the Devices department software build, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems.
- Proactively work with all teams in the department to develop and improve all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor and monitor other DevOps staff and assist with recruitment.
- Ensure that all teams are using the latest build system.
- Assist with the staging and deployment of software builds to test and production environments.
- Ensure that metrics on code quality (static code analysis) and code coverage are generated for all projects and are available to each team and managers within the department.
- Engage with other development teams within the company (across all geographic locations) to share expertise and move towards standardised procedures.
- Work with the IT department to specify new build environments and implement the use of new tools.
- Advise on Secure Develop Lifecycle and assist teams to implement it within the department build, integration and delivery system.
- Generate Operating System images for all projects (including Windows and Linux).
- Assist with ESCROW submissions.
- Comply with the Devices department policies and procedures and help update them as build, deploy and test methods are improved.
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Keeps abreast of improvements and developments within software engineering and DevOps.
- Comply with Cubic¿s Quality Management System.
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the or