DevOps Infrastructure Tools Expert
DevOps Infrastructure Tools Expert / 6 Month Contract / Payments / Puppet / OEM / Ansible / Chef
An exciting organisation within the payments industry is currently recruiting for a DevOps Infrastructure tools Expert Consultant to assist the Infrastructure Manager in growing the organisations DevOps. Aplicants will need a strong understanding of the UK payments industry and banking sector.
- Lead and direct in the complete solution, drawing input from functions such as Infrastructure, Service Operations and external suppliers
- Communicate the solution to stakeholders ensuring their quieries are resolves especially in security, performance, availability and adaptability.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight throughout the lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, support and enhancement.
- Contribute to the infrastructure build and deployment processes by the development and continuous review of appropriate practices, standards, templates and guidelines.
- Keeping up to date of relevant developments in technology, processes and markets.
- Review existing management tools for server estate
- Assess existing policies and processes to ensure all lower environments stay in sync with prod
- Design, build, implement patching tools
- Design build implement provisioning
- Design build and implement management tools to support above (monitoring, failover policies etc)
- Be a domain expert with regards to DevOps
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to raise the quality of deliverables
- Act as a mentor to less experienced engineers and be responsible for up skilling where required
- Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks - Scrum methodology
- Strong background in Cloud design and implementation in AWS
- Strong experience of infrastructure As Code automation
- Ability to design, build and implement a CI server
- Strong hands on knowledge of UNIX / Linux
- Strong knowledge of Solaris