Splunk Engineer / Analyst
Splunk Engineer / Analyst, Security, Cyber Security Operations, Contract, Financial Services.
6 month contract. Bedfordshire. £500 per day.
A Splunk Engineer / Security Analyst is required to assess incoming intelligence, detect and respond to cyber security incidents on critical national infrastructure. This is a technical hands-on role.
The role :
- Support maintain and tune our SIEM, using Splunk queries for data mining.
- Developing dashboard, queries, and new use cases.
- Escalation point for analysis of incidents.
- Work with other teams to Increase security awareness and training across the business.
- Assisting in incident investigation and support the Security Operations function where relevant.
- Point of contact for projects requiring security input and guidance in.
- Pro-Actively hunting for advanced threats in an enterprise environment with Threat Intelligence team.
- Collaborate with wider financial services and HM Government with sector wide security initiatives.
Essential experience needed :
- Experience with Splunk. Queries, administration, deployment.
- Understanding of Network, layers, technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of enterprise level security products and technologies.
- Understanding of current threats, Attack Lifecycle, Layered defence models.