Software Engineer - Research & Development
Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer (Agile, Java or .NET)
Glasgow, Scotland Central Belt
£30-40k + Benefits
DP Connect are working on behalf of an International Law Firm who are very well renowned for their technical innovation, and invest heavily in their people through training, policies and supporting systems. They are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer from either a Java or .NET background, and provide a working environment that is both highly collaborative and engaging, where their Developers can work with the most up-to-date technologies and innovations. You will be offered the chance to input your own ideas into a specialist R&D team and provide a strong contribution to some truly excellent projects, within a non-hierarchical working environment.
Our client appraises their staff annually, give regular feedback and reward excellent performance through a transparent promotion system which allows for rapid progression.
- Graduate in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- Passion for technology with experience of programming across different languages
- Must have experience of developing applications using a web stack
- Beneficial to have experience of natural language and data analysis frameworks
- An innate ability to think logically
- Excellent understanding of the importance of internal communications and knowledge sharing
- Capable of working autonomously but also operating within a team environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders and developers on prototypes of new innovations.
- Collaborate on formal implementations of successful applications.
- Creation of high quality user stories within an Agile framework
- Contributing to Agile meetings, including planning, review and daily stand ups
- Using Agile tools and techniques to manage workload and collaborate within the team
- Development and maintenance of software code